Friday 25 February 2011

Summary #1

I'm at work...where else, but the OVC. Sometimes I just never leave this place. But only 20 minutes left in my shift, so I probably can't get much effective work done in that time, right? Here's the first blog summary!

Fruity: Convinced the guy at Dahlonega Wheelworks to lend him a cyclocross bike for free, for a 100 km race, if he wears the shop jersey and does a decent job of racing. Subsequently got invited to LBS guy's party on Saturday, where there will be "dirtbikes and fireworks and shit".

Motorbota: Having an awesome time in NZ, had a bit of a rough go in her first race. On the third lap, had the biggest crash of her life in to a blackberry bush - she thought it was a rosebush. The locals corrected her.

Bizzle: Riding like a monster in Tucson. Ran in to Manton! Small world. They hung out in a jacuzzi-like pool together after their epic ride. Bayden looks tanned, and there are many cacti. *Author's note: boooooo road bikes, yaaaaaaaayyyyyy mountain bikes!

Heemie: Had an epiphany. His lacklustre for mtb racing by the end of last season was a manifestation of his worries about entering the real world. Well, no more stagnant post-university blues, he's got a real job and a real desire to train once again! Rahim, want to pass some of that enthusiasm this way? OVC has crushed my spirit.  
This is Bubba. He lives around the clinics here at OVC, and sometimes he keeps me company when I'm working. Doesn't he look happy sleeping over that heating vent? Look, there's even a window that allows me to see sunshine!


6 comments:

  1. yo, http://evansharp.ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sorry Evan! You will be included in my mass blog procrastination strategy from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics so far, btw. Blog master.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I want to start a blog just so I can be included in this haha.

    ReplyDelete